S’mores are a staple of every camping trip! They have that gooey, crispy goodness that no other snack can compete with! Sometimes things happen that can hinder your ability to create this delicious treat! Facing a rainy day? Make indoor s’mores fondue to satisfy your campground cravings!
2/3 C. milk
6 Hershey’s chocolate bars, chopped into chunks
Graham crackers, crushed into fine crumbs
- Bring the milk to a boil and then add in the chocolate pieces.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Then transfer to the fondue pot.
- Put the marshmallows on the sticks, dip them in the chocolate, and then roll them in the graham cracker crumbs.
You can play with this recipe a bit too! Try things like different types of chocolate. Semi sweet is great as well. You can even add things like peanut butter, caramel, or put some marshmallow crème in the chocolate and then dip the graham crackers instead. Don’t have a fondue pot? We’ll teach you how to make one with stuff you probably already have!
DIY Fondue Pot
Fondue pots are pretty neat, but they can get a little pricy. If you don’t have one, and you won’t use it very often, then why buy it when you can throw it together on your own? Here’s what you need!
Shallow baking Dish
5 tea light candles
Air bake pizza pan (the kind with holes in it)
Small glass or ceramic casserole dish
- Line your baking dish with tin foil. Unless you want this to forever be your fondue pot or want to scrape candle wax out of it. The foil will protect your dish from the wax.
- Place the tea light candles in the center of the baking dish grouped together and light them.
- Top the baking dish with the pizza pan and then set the casserole dish on top in the center. This is your pot where you will put your fondue!
Now all you have to do is whip up that recipe and start dipping!